- First 7 - Any team to win the first 7 books of any hand receives 100 bonus points
- 10-FOR-200 - Any team to bid and successfully win 10 books during any hand will receive 200 points. The team loses 100 points if bid is unsuccessful.
- No Blinds, No Nines - Neither blind bids nor a cumulative team bid of 9 books is allowed.
- Blind Bidding - Any team down 100+ points can place a (minimum 6) blind bid. The team must declare this bid before the cards are dealt. Successfully winning the blind bid doubles the point total for that hand. Team is considered set is the bid is unsuccessful.
- Nil Bidding - Objective for Nil bidder is to make no books during the hand. The players partner can make a normal bid. If the Nil bidder makes no books they receive the Nil bonus. If unsuccessful the Nil bonus is subtracted from their score.
- Sandbagging - Any team to reach 10 sandbags in a game loses 100 points. Sandbags are recorded and tallied up at the bottom of the GOS score pad after each hand.